Establish a Fund
BCF offers a variety of funds for donors to achieve their charitable objectives. Depending on the type of fund selected, a minimum gift or bequest of $15,000 is required to create a named fund. The minimum gift of $15,000 may be paid over five years at $3,000 per year.
You can create a fund in your own name, the name of a family member, loved one, friend, business, or organization.
You can establish a named fund in 5 easy steps:
1. Determine the charitable purpose or intention for your fund.
2. Select the type of fund that you believe most closely aligns with your charitable purpose. BCF staff is happy to meet with you to discuss the options, or you can read about them. See Types of Funds.
3. Complete the fund agreement that describes the rights and responsibilities of each party. See our Fund Agreement Templates to find the type of fund you desire. (To view Fund Agreement Templates, go to Types of Funds and click on the title for the various types of funds). Or schedule an appointment to meet with us to customize a fund agreement to meet your charitable needs.
4. Name your fund. This can be done using your name, a family member's name, the name of your favorite cause, or a name that allows you to remain anonymous.
5. Submit your fund agreement and proposed gift to BCF for review and approval. Be sure that your proposed gift is a type of gift BCF accepts. See Types of Gifts. BCF staff will contact you with any questions or concerns during the approval process.
If you would like to create a fund with a testamentary gift (e.g. through a will, trust or beneficiary designation), we recommend that you establish the fund agreement with BCF during your lifetime even though your gift will not be transferred to the fund until your death. So doing will ensure that BCF clearly understands and complies with your charitable intent long after your death.
Questions? Call us at (541) 753-1603 or request an appointment to meet with the CEO.