In March 2020, the Benton Community Foundation established a COVID-19 Response Fund to provide emergency grants to local charitable organizations affected by the pandemic. Since then, BCF raised and granted back into the community a total of $309,000. Grants ranged from $1,000 to $5,000. BCF waived its administrative fees for all contributions to the response fund.
Emergency grants supported 28 organizations in Corvallis, Philomath, Alsea, Monroe, Blodgett, and North Albany, including childcare providers, food banks, senior meal programs, transitional shelters, and other critical services for children and families.
Thank you to the many individuals, families, businesses, and community groups who supported this effort. Special thanks to the Benton County Commissioners for their substantial commitment to this important work.
Emergency Grant Recipients
- ABC House
- Alsea Community Effort
- Alsea Food Bank – Jeni’s Place
- Alsea Valley Gleaners
- Boys & Girls Club of Corvallis
- Casa Latinos Unidos
- Center Against Rape & Domestic Violence
- Coastal Range Food Bank, Inc.
- Corvallis Community Children’s Centers
- Corvallis Daytime Drop-In Center
- Corvallis Housing First
- Corvallis Public Schools Foundation
- Dial-A-Bus Inc.
- First Congregational United Church of Christ – Safe Place Program
- First United Methodist Church – Room at the Inn
- Jackson Street Youth Services
- Mary’s River Gleaners
- Old Mill Center for Children & Families
- Philomath Community Services
- Philomath Youth Activities Club
- South Benton Food Pantry
- Stone Soup Corvallis, Inc.
- Strengthening Rural Families
- Trillium Family Services
- Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Corvallis – Corvallis Men’s Shelter
- United Way of Benton and Lincoln Counties
- We Care of Corvallis and Benton County
Additional community resources
Flatten the Curve – Resources from OHSU and OSU
How to support local businesses – Guide from Corvallis Economic Development Office
Benton County Recovers – Assistance resources and updates
Benton County COVID Connection – Current needs, emerging challenges, and how to help
Coronavirus.gov – Updates from the federal government