Philanthropic Gift Manager
Reports to: President/CEO
Position Status: 1.0 FTE, Salaried Exempt
Compensation: Salary starting at $62,500 dependent on experience
The Philanthropic Gift Manager is responsible for fundraising, managing a portfolio of existing and prequalified donors, event management and logistics, and community engagement. This position is critical to accomplishing Benton Community Foundation’s (BCF) strategic goals of increasing the Foundation’s community grant capabilities, expanding the Foundation’s donor base, and maintaining a positive public image for BCF. The Manager will be a flexible team member who can share the Foundation’s mission with the general public and attend community gatherings outside of normal business hours.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with President/CEO, staff and board to enhance operational, major gift and bequest program revenues through the regular identification, cultivation, stewardship and solicitation of donors
- Research, manage and provide ethical stewardship to a donor prospect portfolio of 90-110 contacts
- Move forward gift prospects by calling, emailing, meeting with them and drafting proposals regularly
- Create and manage donor cultivation and activity in a database to provide accurate and timely reports
- Implement fundraising and community focused events to create revenue, promote giving, and educate community members about the challenges facing local residents
- Coordinate with staff, board, donors and vendors to ensure successful event outcomes
- Represent BCF in the community by delivering presentations and effectively communicating organizational mission, policies, practices, and values to a wide range of constituencies
- Provide leadership and support the Development Committee in partnership with President/CEO
- Support Foundation initiatives by securing project information and creating informational materials
- Provide confidential support to the BCF Leadership Team
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Five (5) years of experience and/or training in fundraising concepts/principles, event management and communications or public relations
- Proven track record of building and maintaining long-term relationships to support increased stakeholder participation and major gift acquisition in a comparable organization to BCF
- A demonstrable commitment to and willingness to engage in equity, diversity and inclusion work
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent organizational and critical thinking skills
- Strong editing and research abilities, excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to analyze data to produce reports and/or provide presentations
- Knowledge of MS Office products and experience using CRM databases (iPhi, Raiser’s Edge, etc.)
- Event planning and implementation experience
- Background check, ability to be bonded and valid driver’s license with access to reliable personal vehicle, proof of insurance, and ability to pass a driving record check mandatory
Hours and Compensation
This position is full time salaried exempt. The typical work week will be Monday through Fridays from 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M., with some evening and weekend hours required. Compensation commensurate with experience starting at $62,500. 100% employee premium paid for medical insurance, generous paid time off, retirement plan, monthly cell phone stipend, and organizational value of work/life balance with flexibility.
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Philanthropic Gift Manager Application” in the subject line. Position will remain open until filled, with application review to begin on March 16th, 2020.
Benton Community Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. Applications for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.