Establish a Fund
BCF offers a variety of funds for donors to achieve their charitable objectives. A minimum gift or bequest of $15,000 is required to create a named fund, while a minimum of $25,000 is required to establish a named scholarship fund. The minimum gift amounts may be reached by paying annual installments over the course of five years to build the fund’s value.
You can create a fund in your own name, the name of a family member, loved one, friend, business, or organization.
Establish a named fund in a few easy steps:
1. Determine the charitable purpose or intention for your fund.
2. Select the type of fund that you believe most closely aligns with your charitable purpose. BCF staff is happy to meet with you to discuss the options, or you can read about them here.
3. Complete the fund agreement that describes the rights and responsibilities of each party. (To view Fund Agreement Templates, visit the Types of Funds page.) You can also schedule an appointment to meet with us, and we'll customize a fund agreement to meet your charitable needs.
4. Name your fund. This can be done using your name, a family member's name, the name of your favorite cause, or a name that allows you to remain anonymous.
5. Submit your fund agreement and proposed gift to BCF for review and approval. Be sure that your proposed gift is a type of gift BCF accepts. BCF staff will contact you with any questions or concerns during the approval process.
If you would like to create a fund with a testamentary gift (e.g. through a will, trust or beneficiary designation), we recommend that you establish the fund agreement with BCF during your lifetime even though your gift will not be transferred to the fund until your death. Doing so will ensure that BCF clearly understands and complies with your charitable intent long after your death.
Questions? Call us at (541) 753-1603 or request an appointment to meet with the CEO.